Saturday, May 1, 2010

So here I am at almost 6 am on Saturday morning wondering what in the heck is wrong with me. I laid in bed until I couldn't take it any longer...until 3:30 am. I should be sleeping and enjoying my wonderful pillow and bed. Today is going to be interesting to say the least.

And of course, I was crazy sick prior to this, running a fever for 8-9 days straight with all the signs and symptoms of meningitis. After an initial trip to urgent care for some antibiotics for an ear infection and for no answers to why I was so sick, I bought myself a lovely trip to the ER. I was cleared of that, thank goodness. Nonetheless, I still felt horrible. It was like influenza on crack, except I didn't have influenza either. So whatever I had, I hope none of you get it.

And now I sit here with my ear still aching and I may have gotten pink eye. And I'm still on antibiotics, go figure.

Work is going well. I'm working too much and had been working 50-90 hours a week up until my illness. I think I'll stick with just working my usual 48 hours/week for awhile (that is until the Sturgis Rally rolls around and we are mandated to work extra due to having an extra helicopter). At least I like my job! And when we drop patients off in the Twin Cities (which seems to be often right now), we fly right over those of you who still live in Litchfield, so I waive down to y'all (when it's not 2 am).

Jordan is doing well and he managed to take care of Ethan, the house, and me while I was sick. I think he was a weeeee bit stressed though. Otherwise, work is going very well for him. He is still at Black Hills Corp and seems to enjoy it there. He's more excited about the dirt biking season this summer. I pray that he stays in one piece...

Ethan is growing up before our eyes! He has his 6 month appointment next week. But he also bought himself a trip to the doctor's office yesterday because he's had a cold and started pulling on his ears a few days ago. They found he has Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. This is a common (and contagious) viral illness that they just need to get over. We are hoping Ethan gets over it quickly and is on the mend.

Otherwise, he is sitting on his own except when he gets too excited and starts flailing his arms around like he's going to fly. He also loves to eat! We started him on some rice cereal, peas, and sweet potatoes. He's not really a sweet potatoes kind of guy but he especially loves his rice cereal! He loves bath time. For the first few months, he hated them.

I don't think it'll be long before he starts crawling. I'm really enjoying that "just sit there and stay" stage. Can we just extend it for another.....1-2 years? I do want him to crawl but it's nice to not have to worry about him getting in to anything and he can just play happily on the floor. It really won't be long before he's moving all over the place.

Ethan has quite the funny personality and he loves to smile, giggle, laugh, and pull hair (debating if I should cut my hair just because of that). I love when he laughs. It is just one of those pure, innocent, sweet laughs. He always wants the things he can't have, like a knife, a soap bottle, or food that we are eating. When we go out and about, he usually is in the baby bjorn and he smiles at EVERYONE! Now, he gets so so excited at other people that he flails his arms. The response from strangers...they waive at him!

I will update you next week after Ethan's appointment! Until then, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment