Friday, October 2, 2009

Good Times Despite Tough Times

Today is the day of the wake for Larry, followed by the funeral tomorrow. We continue to ask so many questions of: Why. Nobody really knows. Our plan is so much different that what God has/had planned. The one thing we can be sure of is that Larry continues to have a huge celebration where he's at. He is jubilant, as are so many of the people he is surrounded by. And I know that he wants us to celebrate his life here on earth as well as his eternal life, and not mourn is death. He is finally Home. It is a tough time for the whole Marshall family...tears of laughter and tears of sadness. But, we will make it through the days ahead.

On a lighter note, I'm 33 weeks along. Things have been quite crazy to say the least but our little man is quite the trooper in there. He only complains some with an occasional swift kick or good elbow jab. Otherwise, he seems content despite his mom's crazy emotions and hormones.

After some nudging (or insisting) from Jordan, I finally packed my hospital bag. Just a few last minute things and we'll be ready to head out the door in a hurry if need be! And the "nesting" has finally started to kick in a little bit. The nursery is starting to get organized. I still don't know exactly how it's going to be arranged, yet. We need something on the walls and curtains on the window. After this week is over, we'll be able to focus on the baby room some more.

Oh, and my shower! The baby shower was great last Saturday! Many of my co-workers came as did my sister in-laws, and we had fun just hanging out and talking. Mr. Marshall and mommy got a lot of great gifts! We are so excited to use them...well I'm excited. I think Mr. Marshall is perfectly content on spitting up or drueling on much of it. If you are one of my co-workers reading this, thanks so much! I know some of you couldn't get here because you were working, but no worries!

Here are the pictures so many of you have patiently waited to see. May you all have a blessed weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Looking great, my friend! You are so close now! Good thing to have that bag ready for the hospital. Wish I would have thought of that one sooner myself!

    ReplyDelete