Friday, April 24, 2009

Bedrest is Exhausting

It's officially been a week since I've been on bedrest. And wow am I exhausted! It's almost like this vicious cycle. I wake up and try to stay awake (but not always successful) laying on the couch either watching television, playing on the computer, or reading. Then I have to try and go to sleep laying on our bed at night. This doesn't even include the multiple potty breaks throughout the night. It's not as easy of a task than you think. Sure, the first day wasn't so bad but after a couple of days it is quite a task. Imagine going to some meeting you have to sit through all day and then having to sit through that same meeting day after day after day.

My whole meaning for this post was because I realized I haven't told you my due date. In fact, it kept me up last night while I was trying to go to sleep. I am officially due on November 16th, 2009. So this makes me 10 weeks, 4 days pregnant.

The bleeding has stopped though I still occasionally have spotting, but no complaining here! I continue on my extra hormones until I'm through my 1st trimester. And THANK GOODNESS for my doppler. It has kept me sane throughout all of this and it reminds me just why we are doing all of this. In fact, it's amazing to hear the change in the heart beat. When we first got the doppler, the little heart beat sounded like a choo-choo train. It now is really sounding much more crisp with a distinct click, kind of like a horse running. Each and every day I look forward to hearing the most precious sound in the world, our baby's little heart beat.

And the most exciting news for the day, Jordan is coming home! He doesn't get in until late but I don't care. I'm just happy he'll be home. I miss him (and hope he misses me). He did have a good time in Chicago though. On Wednesday night, he got to to his old neighborhood and even see some family friends. It was quite a rough area when Jordan and his family use to live there, but it is starting the regentrification process. Still, it's not an area you would want to be at night or where you'd want to park your car any time of the day. I'm just glad he didn't get shot!!! Yeah, I'm not kidding about that statement. And then Jordan got to meet up with some friends who were visiting Chicago on Thursday night. Our great friends were actually our neighbors from when we lived in Phoenix. They were great neighbors and we still consider them great friends!

I think that's about it for now. I have another OB appointment on Monday so I can catch up with you then. May you all have a great weekend while it snows and rains here in Rapid City.

No comments:

Post a Comment